Atlanta, Ga. – The Commercial Real Estate Show recently hosted several guest panelists, including Carlton Fields’ Dan Weede, who discussed trends in hotel and lodging industry. Weede is a shareholder in the firm’s Atlanta office and chair’s the firm’s Hospitality Industry Practice.
The show offered an inside look at the current hotel and lodging industry and the guests shared their take on transactions, cap rates, financing, location, foreclosures, hotel brands and more. Weede discussed:
- the differences between borrowing for existing hotels and for new construction
- what operators who are struggling can do (from a legal perspective)
- when is it a good time to buy a hotel
- what factors an investor should look at to determine what a fair purchase price is for a particular hotel, and what type of due diligence should be considered
- what kind of team investors should assemble if they decide to buy a hotel
- strategies to buying notes
The Commercial Real Estate Show is a weekly national talk show about commercial real estate.
Click here to listen to the show.