Amanda Arnold Sansone
Amanda Arnold Sansone’s practice is focused on complex commercial litigation with an emphasis on class action defense. She has experience in securities litigation, contractual disputes, misappropriation of trade secrets, non-competition agreements and business torts.
Prior to joining Carlton Fields, Ms. Sansone clerked for the Honorable Charles R. Wilson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, Tampa, Florida, and for the Honorable Susan C. Bucklew of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa, Florida.
- Defense of international pharmaceutical company in antitrust action.
- Defense of national company in series of over 30 putative class actions alleging statutory and constitutional claims.
- Prosecution of declaratory judgment action seeking interpretation of insurance policy language on behalf of national insurance company.
- Prosecution on behalf of national medical device manufacturer for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary claims.
- Defense of breach of contract action on behalf of international company leading the bottled water market.
- Prosecution of litigation to enforce intellectual property rights and non-competition provision in acquisition agreements for international swimming pool products company.
- Representation of large apartment homes company in defense of employment discrimination claims.
- Numerous insurance-related matters, including insurance coverage disputes and litigation, bad faith litigation, and the defense of insureds at the request of their carriers.
- Representation of international company in litigation to enforce intellectual property rights and non-compete covenants in acquisition agreement.
- Defense of auto dealership in federal consumer class action.
- Representation of investment bank in class action securities litigation.
- Defense of worker’s compensation insurer against intentional tort claims.
- Representation of non-profit church in dispute over misappropriation of church’s real property.
- Assisted disabled senior citizen in quieting title to mobile home and real property.
- Assisting in the Courthouse Assistance Project, a Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s Division Board initiative to assist pro se family law litigants complete court-approved forms necessary for their case.
- Presenter, "Major Supreme Court Decisions Impacting Class Actions," Carlton Fields Class Action Symposium, New York, NY (June 2013)
- Panelist, “Class Action Litigation: Avoiding Attorney Fee Recovery Pitfalls,” Strafford Webinar (May 16, 2013)
- “Stop at the Red Light: The Current Status and Future of Red Light Cameras,” 36th Annual Local Government Law in Florida Conference (May 11, 2013)
- Panelist, “Class Action Litigation: Avoiding Attorney Fee Recovery Pitfalls,” Strafford Webinar (July 19, 2012)
- Ms. Sansone has addressed claims and medical personnel on topics including issues that arise in bad faith litigation against workers’ compensation carriers and best practices for documenting claims files, Sarasota, FL (June 4, 2008) and Orlando, FL (June 5, 2008)
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Finalist of the 2010 American Bar Association (ABA) Young Lawyers Division (YLD) National Outstanding Young Lawyer Award
- Recipient of the 2010 Outstanding Young Lawyer Award presented by the Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Selected by Florida Super Lawyers as a 2009-2012 Florida Rising Star
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers (Business Litigation) (2013)
Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2009-2012)
- Listed as an “Up-and-Comer” in Florida Trend’s 2007-2008 and 2010-2011 Florida Legal Elite
- American Bar Association (2002-present)
- The Florida Bar (2002-present)
Member, Committee to select the 2009 Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award for the 13th Judicial Circuit
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (2002-present)
Young Lawyer’s Division
Board Member (2005-present)
Hillsborough County Bar Association Leadership Institute
Past Participant and Board Member
Member, Grievance Committee, 13(D) (2009-2012)
Member, Selection Committee for HCBA Outstanding Lawyer Award
- Courthouse Assistance Project
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Chapter (2003-present)
- Member, Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel for U.S. District Court for Middle District of Florida
- Member, Thirteenth Judicial Circuit's Professionalism Committee
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers (2002-present)
- J. Clifford Cheatwood Inn of Court, Pupil (2003–2007)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Leadership Council (2003-2006)
- Tampa Theatre Balcony Club Star Member (2004-present)
- Amherst College Alumni Association
Former President of Class of 1998 Alumni Class (1998-2003)
Annual Fund Class Agent (1998-present)
- Athena Society
- The Honorable Charles R. Wilson, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Law Clerk (2004-2005)
- The Honorable Susan C. Bucklew, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Law Clerk (2002-2004)
- Shands Hospital, Gainesville, Florida
Intern, Compliance Department