Carlos A. Mas
Carlos Mas has represented various clients in connection with general corporate and transactional matters including contract negotiation and preparation, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, corporate governance and employee relations, and the formation and organization of corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships.
Mr. Mas also represents clients in connection with public and private offerings of securities as well as SEC disclosure issues. His work also includes providing legal advice in connection with a variety of commercial loan transactions, including asset-based financing, term loan agreements, revolving credit agreements, letters of credit, reimbursement agreements, and loan participation agreements.
Mr. Mas is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named as an "Up and Comer" by the South Florida Legal Guide for 2008-2011. He was also selected by Florida Super Lawyers as a 2009 Rising Star.
- Representation of a U.S.-based provider of integrated IT and networking solutions in connection with various financing transactions including:
- a $30.3 million debt financing involving the sale of convertible promissory notes;
- the private placement of $35 million of convertible preferred stock;
- a $100 million debt and equity financing transaction including the private placement of $60 million of convertible preferred stock and a $40 million credit facility;
- a $13 million secured loan transaction involving its principal subsidiary;
- a $20 million acquisition of a provider of long distance telecommunications services in Latin America, the U.S. and Europe;
- Representation of a U.S.-based television, online and catalog retail company in connection with its corporate governance matters as well as its filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Representation of a Miami-based provider of audio and visual equipment and related services to the hospitality industry in connection with a $9 million secured financing transaction with a multinational banking and investment advisory firm.
- Representation of U.S.-based beef distributor in connection with a $15 million sale transaction involving one of its business divisions.
- Representation of a U.S.-based long-distance telephone services provider in connection with its proposed acquisition of public telecommunications company.
- Presenter, “Transactions in the U.S.,” AIJA Annual Meeting (2007)
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed as an “Up and Comer” in Florida Trend's 2007 Florida Legal Elite
- Listed in South Florida Legal Guide - "Up and Comer" (2008-2010)
- Selected by Florida Super Lawyers as a 2009 Florida Rising Star
- The Florida Bar
Business Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association