Our family law attorneys know that litigation carries potentially high financial and emotional costs. So, we help clients avoid it where creative solutions, including alternative dispute resolution, can accomplish the desired results.
We represent parties, including high-profile and high-net-worth individuals and families, in all aspects of family law. In all cases, we prioritize the children’s best interest and value wealth preservation, often taking advantage of premarital and post-marital estate planning.
Our services include:
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements. We prepare, review, and enforce confidential, practical prenuptial (premarital) and postnuptial agreements, counseling parties on the most effective and non-confrontational ways to handle them.
- Dissolution of Marriage. We litigate and mediate cost-effective, divorce case resolutions. We work closely with top forensic accountants to handle small properties and complex, multi-million dollar estates. Our cases require appraising real and personal properties, evaluating small to large business, and tracing marital and non-marital funds to determine equitable distribution and overall net worth. Our attorneys regularly litigate for, and defend against, all types of alimony for both husbands and wives. We are also experienced with marriage dissolutions involving child custody (now known in Florida as “time-sharing” and “parenting plan”) determinations, which are often highly contentious.
- Enforcement/Contempt/Modifications. Our attorneys enforce all aspects of a party’s final judgment for dissolution of marriage. Sometimes, that involves holding the offending party in contempt of court. We also have extensive experience modifying a party’s final judgment for dissolution. This usually involves modifying custody (time-sharing), child support, or alimony awards.
- Domestic Violence. We assist clients with obtaining, and also dissolving, injunctions against domestic violence, repeat violence, dating violence and stalking. As in all areas of our practice, we are readily accessible to handle these cases quickly and cost effectively.
- Paternity Actions. Our attorneys have discreetly handled high- and low-profile paternity matters. This may require executing confidentiality agreements with all involved parties, attorneys, physicians, and clinicians.
- Litigated complex jurisdictional issues, equitable distribution issues, division of interests in closely held corporations and trusts, child abduction and relocation issues, parenting issues, and modification of alimony
- Mediated settlement agreements in 120+ cases since 2002
- Protected assets worth hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of prominent professional athletes and business owners with premarital agreements
Group members include:
- A former Florida circuit court judge who authored a five-volume family law research library; he is also board certified in marital and family law by the Florida Bar, and certified as a family arbitrator by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- The liaison to the ABA Family Law Section
- Two Florida Supreme Court certified family law mediators
- A former Florida Bar president
- Drafted postnuptial and premarital agreements for offspring of the owners of a closely held corporate client to facilitate gifts of lifetime interests in family business and trusts
- Represented foreign national in defense of prenuptial agreement
- Secured dismissal, with prejudice, of foreign, out-of-state corporation for lack of personal jurisdiction under long arm statute
- Negotiated terms under which Brazilian national could return, with child, to the United States
- Represented numerous clients in obtaining orders sealing confidential records under Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.420, including:
- Client employed by the federal government whose employment was classified and in danger of exposure
- Brazilian national who would have been endangered by the exposure of confidential financial information
- Client who needed to keep confidential the terms of an agreement regarding prior sexual conduct