Jacqueline R. Ambrose
Jacqueline Ambrose focuses her practice on commercial litigation and class action defense on behalf of national title insurance underwriters. She also defends institutional lenders against consumer protection and collection claims. Ms. Ambrose has participated in the litigation of various products liability actions, commercial bankruptcy disputes, and general business and real property lawsuits, as well as the development of antitrust claims.
- Brinker v. Chicago Title Ins. Co., 8:10-cv-01199-JDW-AEP (M.D. Fla. March 30, 2012) (denying class certification because individualized issues of loss causation predominated in closing protection letter suit by condominium buyers who alleged that they would not have purchased units if attorney closing agent had made more or different disclosures).
- McGee v. Commonwealth Land Title Ins. Co., 2012 WL 263000 (M.D. Fla. Jan. 30, 2012) (order dismissing claims by condominium buyers that developer’s alleged failure to make required disclosures, secure administrative approval, and set aside sufficient common elements caused entire condominium regime to fail, creating a covered title defect).
- Brinker v. Chicago Title Ins. Co., 8:10-cv-01199-JDW-AEP (M.D. Fla. Sept. 9, 2011) (granting protective order against discovery of joint defense privileged communications between title insurance underwriter and title agent defending claims under closing protection letters).
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
Trial Litigation Section
Hon. Robert J. Simms High School Mock Trial Competition Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Law Students in Court Clinic (Civil, Landlord Tenant, and Small Claims Litigation), Washington, D.C.
Student Attorney/Certified Legal Intern (2009-2010)
- Carlton Fields, Tampa Office
Summer Associate (2009)
- National Rifle Association, Office of General Counsel, Fairfax, VA
Summer Law Clerk (2008)