Lawrence M. Gold
Larry M. Gold handles corporate matters for both public and private businesses, with significant experience in mergers and acquisitions; arranging corporate financings including equity and debt arrangements; and advising businesses on succession strategies and strategic investments.
Mr. Gold advises clients with respect to a wide range of corporate and securities law issues dealing with executive compensation, equity-based incentive plans, deferred compensation plans, ESOPs, and other types of incentive programs.
- Represented minority shareholder of major pizza franchise corporation in acquiring voting control of the company and negotiating a buy-out of another minority shareholder, resulting in client gaining majority ownership of corporation.
- Represented entrepreneur in establishing public-private partnership with Fulton County, Georgia for the development, construction, and operation of a wastewater treatment facility for the County. Negotiated numerous material contracts and agreements, including contracts for the acquisition of the real property, construction contracts, principal agreement with the County, bond financing documents, and subsequent facility expansion agreements.
- Negotiated sale of 90% (with our client retaining 10% interest) of wastewater treatment facility in Fulton County, Georgia.
- Represented shareholders in the sale of two concrete manufacturing and production businesses to a competitor in a strategic purchase and sale.
- Represented purchaser, a major public corporation, in the acquisition of a specialized health care business.
- Represented major automobile insurer in the restructuring and sale of one of its larger agencies.
- Represented major distributor and licensee of valves and control systems in the sale of the business to a key employee.
- Represented owners of several shopping centers in the northeast in connection with the refinancing of institutional debt.
- Represented individual, minority shareholder in connection with the sale of a video display business.
- Represented major international corporation in structuring and implementation of a significant equity-based incentive plan for its U.S. employees, including advising on tax and securities issues relating to the new plan.
- Represented individual shareholder of a major mortgage business in the sale of interests in the corporation and in negotiating a limited non-competition agreement.
- Represented new equity investors in a hotel business that specialized in extended-stay hotels.
- Represented privately-owned printing business in connection with the spin-off of that business from a publicly-owned printing company.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for Georgia Super Lawyers (2007-2013)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2010 and 2011)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta
Past Member of The Board of Trustees
Past Chair of the Community Relations Committee
- Jewish Council for Public Affairs
Member, Board of Directors
- Ahavath Achim Synagogue
Member, Board of Trustees
- Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights, Board of Trustees
- Anti-Defamation League, Member Board of Directors for Southeast Region
- Lawrence M. Gold, P.C. (1995-2004)
- Gray, Gilliland & Gold (1983-1995)
- Shaw Industries, Inc. (1979-1983)
Vice President and General Counsel
- Powell, Goldstein, Frazer & Murphy
Managing Partner (1978-1979)