The explosive growth of technology and global markets has spurred increased competition across industries and product categories. At the same time, the volume and complexity of the antitrust and trade regulation laws governing competition have grown. In this climate, antitrust and unfair competition claims proliferate. Aggressive legal representation that contemplates all aspects of antitrust law is critical to effectively defending—or pursuing—these claims.
We represent businesses and individuals in civil and criminal antitrust cases in all courts and administrative agencies. Our team includes four Florida Board certified antitrust lawyers (more than any law firm in the state) and a leading white collar crime and investigations practice. We take innovative approaches to defending bet-the-company antitrust cases, and have obtained landmark decisions that helped shaped the law.
In addition to understanding the complexities of antitrust law, we know our clients' businesses. This enables us to advise on antitrust matters as they relate to issues including advertising, prospective mergers and acquisitions, government filings, pricing and marketing practices, franchising and licensing agreements, distribution practices, dealer or distributor terminations, extensions of consumer credit, market research, trade association activities, bid-rigging investigations, grand jury proceedings, and trials.
We have handled the following types of antitrust matters—as courtroom advocates and as advisors and counselors:
- Represented pharmaceutical company in antitrust tying case that involved process patent rights and a branded drug
- Represented manufacturer of chemical products in national price-fixing class action; Obtained decision denying class certification
- Represented major auto insurer against tying and restraint of trade claims brought on behalf of national class of 70 million policyholders who claimed they were overcharged for aftermarket crash parts
- Represented manufacturer of fax paper in a state court indirect-purchaser action; Defeated class certification in first decision of its kind in Florida
- Represented pre-paid telecommunications company seeking redress for alleged overcharges of LCD screens
- Helped national franchiser reorganize its supply chain and institute creative distribution and marketing programs
- Helped major Florida utility prepare for deregulation
- Conducted compliance programs, training programs, and seminars for clients and their employees to guide them in their day-to-day activities
- Educated company managers and employees about antitrust requirements, prohibitions, and changing compliance issues