- Provided legal issues and trial support in state court case in Florida on behalf of a global chemical company in defense of asbestos personal injury action which resulted in a verdict in favor of the company (August 2015).
- Provided legal issues and trial support in state court case in Florida on behalf of a global chemical company in defense of asbestos personal injury action ultimately resolved through settlement during trial (February 2013).
- Green v. Dang, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Represented plaintiff in a 42 U.S.C. § 1983 action against several police officers for injuries sustained during an arrest (2010).
- Felipe v. Ford Motor Company, Broward County, Florida; Five-week trial representing Ford Motor Company in a rollover products liability action. Plaintiff alleged enhanced injuries as a result of roof crush (2007).
- Zocaras v. Castro, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida; Represented plaintiff in a 42 U.S.C. § 1983 action against several police officers for injuries sustained during an arrest (2005).
Representative Published Opinions
- Logopaint v. 3D Sport Signs SI, 1:16-CV-20764-UU, 2016 WL 6988882 (S.D. Fla. Nov. 23, 2016). Defended patent infringement lawsuit filed in U.S. federal court against a European based, international marketing and advertising company specializing in on-field advertising during sporting events. The court granted defendants’ summary judgment motion and ruled there was no evidence of patent infringement.
- Dorsch v. Pilatus Aircraft, Ltd., et al., No. 8:11–CV–441–T–17MAP, 2011 WL 5459716 (M.D. Fla. Nov. 10, 2011), reconsideration denied, 2012 WL 1565447 (M.D. Fla. May 2, 2012). Removed an aviation products liability suit to federal district court based on the doctrine of fraudulent joinder and defended against the plaintiffs’ attempts to remand to state court.
- Fitzpatrick v. General Mills, Inc., 635 F.3d 1279 (S.D. Fla. Mar. 25, 2011). Represented General Mills, Inc., in a class action against the manufacturer of specifically formulated yogurt. Consumers alleged that manufacturer's claims about yogurt violated Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUTPA) and the manufacturer breached express warranty.
- Beale v. Biomet, 492 F. Supp. 2d 1360. Summary judgment on behalf of medical device manufacturer on the basis that the learned intermediary doctrine barred deceptive advertising claims and over promotion exception to learned intermediary doctrine was inapplicable.
- Reyes, et al. v. Juan Evangelista Lopez Grijalba, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2006). Represented plaintiffs in a suit brought for compensatory and punitive damages under the Alien Tort Statute and the Torture Victim Protection Act against a colonel in the Honduran army on behalf of victims of torture, abduction and extra-judicial killing by death squads in the early 1980s in Honduras.
- Represented U.S. based consumer product manufacturer against a competitor in a federal action asserting common law and federal Lanham Act claims for trademark infringement, unfair competition and false advertising and for violations of Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practice Act (FDUTPA) relating to the online marketing, internet paid advertising, search engine optimization and online reviews of the manufacturer’s product.
- Represented U.S. based multi-national food manufacturer in a putative class action asserting violations of Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practice Act (FDUTPA) relating to the marketing of snack products.
- Counsel for global chemical company in the defense of all asbestos personal injury and wrongful death actions filed in state and federal courts throughout Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- Represented U.S. based multi-national food manufacturer in a putative class action asserting violations of Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practice Act (FDUTPA) relating to the marketing of yogurt products.
- Counsel for medical device manufacturer in products liability and warnings case involving personal injury and the learned intermediary doctrine arising out of orthopedic medical device.
- Represented national restaurant chain in action for negligent security involving the shooting of a restaurant patron in the restaurant parking lot.
- Represented pool pump manufacturer in federal court in Florida in litigation against component part manufacturer who designed and sold heat-exchanger that caused pool-pumps to fail and resolved through settlement shortly before trial.
- Defended drug and device manufacturer in personal injury cases in multiple jurisdictions arising out of the use of surgical gel used as an adhesion barrier during gynocological surgeries.
- Represented a group of health care providers who established a medical malpractice risk management trust fund to provide coverage against professional medical malpractice liability in all breach of contract matters filed in Miami-Dade County, Florida to collect unpaid assessments levied by the fund against its members for fund deficiencies.