Alex B. Silverman
Alex Silverman represents U.S. and international insurers and reinsurers in complex commercial litigation and arbitration, including complex insurance coverage disputes and reinsurance matters. He regularly litigates and counsels insurers in connection with multimillion-dollar first-party and third-party claims in state and federal courts across the country, and has also litigated large-scale commercial health care and insurance fraud actions on behalf of insurers, including False Claims Act and RICO actions.
In addition, Mr. Silverman has experience representing corporations in shareholder derivative actions and intellectual property disputes concerning trademarks, trade secrets, and false advertising.
While in law school, Mr. Silverman was a John Marshall Harlan Scholar and served as a judicial intern for the Hon. Paul A. Crotty in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Additionally, Mr. Silverman served as an editor for the New York Law School Law Review and received awards for writing and oral argument as a member of the New York Law School Moot Court Association. A passionate photographer, he is in constant search of the perfect landscape.
- Obtained appellate decision affirming dismissal of suit seeking a declaration of insurer’s duty to defend a $50 million antitrust action, finding the action did not fall within the insuring agreement of a media liability policy, and also would have been precluded by the policy’s antitrust exclusion.
- Rivkin Radler LLP, Uniondale, NY
- Stern & Montana, LLP, New York, NY
- Gersten Savage LLP (dissolved, October 2012), New York, NY
Summer Associate (2011)
- Honorable Paul A. Crotty, New York, NY
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Judicial Intern (2011)