D. Barret Broussard
Barret Broussard focuses his practice on complex litigation and appeals. He represents both companies and individuals facing difficult business litigation matters, including business interference, fraud, contract breaches and disputes, and product liability.
Mr. Broussard has wide-ranging experience working for courts at both the appellate and trial levels, and on both the state and federal levels. He previously served as a staff attorney as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, where he assisted the court at large in the disposition of appeals. While in law school, he interned in chambers for Judge Alex Kozinski on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, externed for Judge Amy Totenberg on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and interned for Judge Fredericka Wicker on the Louisiana Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal. This wealth of experience allows him to effectively strategize and navigate litigation to achieve results for his clients.
- Board Member, O.U.T. (Young professional chapter of the Atlanta Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce)
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Board Member, Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia
- Co-Chair, Law Student OUTReach Committee
- Member, National LGBT Bar Association
- Member, LEAD Atlanta, Class of 2018
- Associate, Greenberg Traurig, 2015-2017
- Staff Attorney, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2013-2015
- Extern, Office of the Fulton County District Attorney, Appeals Division, Spring 2013
- Extern, Hon. Amy M. Totenberg, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Fall 2012
- Intern, Hon. Alex Kozinski, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Summer 2012
- Intern, Hon. Fredericka H. Wicker, Louisiana Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal, Summer 2011