Brendan N. Gooley
Brendan Gooley is a litigator who focuses on labor and employment discrimination as well as life and property and casualty insurance matters. On behalf of educational institutions and municipalities, Mr. Gooley handles motions and discovery in employment discrimination cases related to Title VII, Title IX, the ADEA, and their state law counterparts. He also has experience with issues related to coverage disputes and reinsurance matters for property and casualty insurer clients. In addition, Mr. Gooley assists life insurance and annuities companies in complex litigation matters, including the defense of class actions.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Gooley served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Christopher F. Droney of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. In that role, he drafted opinions, summary orders, and bench memoranda, handling a number of employment discrimination cases, in addition to education law matters. In 2016, Mr. Gooley served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Andrew J. McDonald of the Connecticut Supreme Court.
A graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law, Mr. Gooley was managing editor of the Connecticut Law Review and a member of the moot court board.
- The Honorable Christopher F. Droney, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (Hartford, CT)
Law Clerk (2017)
- The Honorable Andrew J. McDonald, Connecticut Supreme Court (Hartford, CT)
Law Clerk (2015-2016)
- Carlton Fields (Hartford, CT)
Summer Associate (2014)
- The Honorable Dominic J. Squatrito, U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut (Hartford, CT)
Legal Intern (2014)
- Bansley Law Offices, LLC (New Haven, CT)
Law Clerk (2013-2014)
- Lawyers Without Borders (Hartford, CT)