Our construction group is one of the largest and most experienced in the Southeast. We provide legal services on all aspects of construction, including pre-bid considerations; contract drafting and letting; construction administration; liens; bonds; insurance; and dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration, settlement, and trial. We have experience in projects such as office buildings, condominiums, water treatment plants, power plants, airports, schools, highways, subdivisions, solid waste disposal plants, residential or apartment developments, process plants, arenas, stadiums, convention centers, hotels, and other special-use facilities. Lawyers within the group focus on areas such as delay claim analysis, construction defects, differing site conditions, and design professional liability. Every day, we work closely with design professionals, forensic and accounting experts, engineers, and our clients to achieve the best possible outcomes in all phases of the construction process.
We seek to help our clients avoid disputes, but when claims arise, we focus on achieving the most effective, efficient resolutions. At every stage of the litigation or dispute resolution process, we prosecute or defend claims vigorously. Our group has extensive mediation and arbitration experience, as well as experience managing and litigating major construction cases in the judicial setting at both the trial and appellate levels.
- Public and private developers and owners
- General contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Design professionals
- Condominium associations
- Insurers and insureds (in the defense of construction risk claims)
Our attorneys regularly lecture and write on topical construction law issues. They are leaders and active members in many construction-related professional associations, including:
- The American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry
- The American College of Construction Lawyers
- The American Bar Association’s Fidelity and Surety Law Committee of the Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Surety Claims Institute
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Associated General Contractors
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Local bar association construction law committees
- Several of our attorneys are members of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Seven construction practice group attorneys are Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar.
- The firm's construction practice has received a first-tier rating in the state of Florida in the Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers every year since 2002.
- For the 15th consecutive year, in 2017, Chambers USA’s Guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers ranked our firm’s construction practice No. 1 in Florida.
- Carlton Fields' construction litigation practice earned national first-tier ranking in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 Guide. The firm is nationally ranked in Construction Law.