Carlton Fields provides legal services to construction industry clients across the United States and internationally. We represent and advise them on all aspects of project design and construction, including: contract preparation, review, and negotiation; contract administration; designer and contractor selection and liability; phasing schemes; pre-bid considerations; construction liens; insurance related issues; environmental issues; bond claims; operations; and dispute resolution ranging from settlement to trial and its alternatives.
Our group of more than 25 construction law attorneys includes:
- Past chairs of the ABA’s Forum on the Construction Industry
- The current and past chairs of The Florida Bar Construction Law Committee
- Nine attorneys board certified in construction law by The Florida Bar
- Fifteen attorneys AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
We take leadership roles in industry and professional groups such as:
- The American College of Construction Lawyers
- The ABA’s Committee on Construction Litigation of the Section of Litigation
- The ABA’s Fidelity and Surety Law Committee of the Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- National Bond Claims Association
- Surety Claims Institute
- The Defense Research Institute’s Construction Law Committee
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Associated General Contractors
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Bar association construction law committees
The excellence of our construction law practice has been recognized with the following honors:
- For the 14th consecutive year, in 2016, Chambers USA’s Guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers ranked our firm No. 1 in Florida.
- Carlton Fields' Construction Litigation practice earned national first-tier ranking in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 Guide. The firm is nationally ranked in Construction Law.
- Three practice members were included among Florida’s top 100 lawyers, top 50 Tampa-area lawyers, and top 50 female lawyers in Florida Super Lawyers 2015.
- Public and private developers and owners
- General contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Design professionals
- Condominium associations
- Insurers and insureds (in the defense of construction risk claims)
Our attorneys have litigated almost every issue confronting the construction industry. Read more »
We provide services in connection with contract preparation, review, and negotiation; contract administration; designer and contractor selection and liability; phasing schemes; pre-bid considerations; construction liens; insurance-related issues; environmental issues; bond claims; and operations. Read more »