Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, P.A. is a multijurisdictional legal services provider comprising of legal practices that are separate and distinct legal entities. Legal services from our offices in Florida, Georgia, Connecticut, New York, and Washington, D.C., are provided by Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, P.A., which is a Florida professional association having an office located at 4221 W. Boy Scout Boulevard, Suite 1000, Tampa, Florida 33607. Legal services from our office in California are provided by Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, LLP, a California limited liability partnership having an office located at 2029 Century Park East, Suite 2000, Los Angeles, California 90067. Certain California attorneys who render services through Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, LLP, are shareholders of Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, P.A.
Our attorneys are admitted to practice law only in the jurisdiction(s) noted in the individual biographies.
This website contains much information in the form of articles of general applicability or intended as educational and introductory to various areas of the law or legal issues. NONE IS LEGAL ADVICE APPLICABLE TO YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION. NO LAWYER-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BY VISITING THIS WEBSITE AND REVIEWING ANY MATERIAL ON IT. YOU ARE NOT JUSTIFIED IN RELYING ON ANY ARTICLE IN MAKING A DECISION ABOUT A SPECIFIC SITUATION; RATHER, YOU SHOULD CONSULT COMPETENT COUNSEL FOR LEGAL ADVICE OR REPRESENTATION.
A PERSON MAY BECOME A CLIENT OF CARLTON FIELDS ONLY THROUGH A WRITTEN ENGAGEMENT LETTER BETWEEN THAT PERSON AND THE FIRM, AFTER THE FIRM HAS HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW ITS DATABASE TO ASSURE NO CONFLICT EXISTS AND AFTER DECIDING WHETHER THE REPRESENTATION IS APPROPRIATE.
Under some interpretations of the legal ethics rules, some material in this website should be considered advertising. This website constitutes a 'communication' as defined in Rule 1-400(A) of the California Rules of Professional Conduct in that it is a message made by and on behalf of lawyers at Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, LLP, who are members of the State Bar of California concerning the availability for professional employment of those members and their law firm. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon the information included on this website. Before you decide to hire a lawyer, please ask us to send you written information about our qualifications and experience.
Links to Other Websites.
This website contains links to other websites. Carlton Fields is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Carlton Fields. The firm does not necessarily endorse, and is not responsible for, any third-party content that may be accessed through this website. Carlton Fields provides these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply recommendation, approval or endorsement by our firm.
Copyrights and Copyright Agents.
Carlton Fields respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask visitors to our site to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed, and the location of that material on the website;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Carlton Fields to contact the complaining party (e.g., the address, telephone number or email address);
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the site can be reached by directing an e-mail to the Copyright Agent at:
Peter J. Winders
Shareholder, General Counsel
4221 W. Boy Scout Blvd., Suite 1000
Tampa, FL 33607-5780