David R. Punzak
David Punzak has more than 30 years of experience handling diverse transactions for clients including banks, real estate developers, and insurance companies. He regularly represents clients in real estate and finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and general business matters, such as buy/sell and shareholders’ agreements.
He also has significant experience representing Florida-domiciled property and casualty insurance companies on regulatory issues, mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity placements.
With his broad knowledge across legal practice areas and industries, Mr. Punzak is well-positioned to counsel business clients on their varied legal needs. In addition, he is particularly adept at matter management and budgeting, ensuring that clients are represented effectively within a defined budget.
- Represented seller of 401-unit apartment complex within a master development.
- Represented borrowers and lenders in various New Markets Tax Credit financing transactions.
- Represented family limited partnership in connection with its consolidation of parcels of real property, and subsequent development into two 30-story residential and commercial condominium complexes.
- Mr. Punzak has a long history of providing pro bono legal services. In particular, he has represented the Florida Community Loan Fund for over 15 years on a largely pro bono basis, providing general corporate and transactional lending services.
- Mr. Punzak has spoken at numerous seminars related to real estate acquisition and finance, including programs on Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, due diligence in real estate transactions, and the Florida documentary stamp tax and intangibles tax.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2009-2017)
- Recipient, 2014 University of Florida/Pinellas County Gator Club “Gator Great” Award
- Recipient, 2011 "Heroes Among Us" Service Award by the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation
- Recipient, American Bar Association Section of Business Law 2006 National Public Service Award
- American Bar Association
Business Law Section
Negotiated Mergers and Acquisitions Committee
- The Florida Bar
Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
Real Property Committee
- St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce Board Member (2012 – present)
Chair (2012 – 2014)
- Baseball Forever Campaign Leader (2016 – present)
(Group formed to find locations for a new baseball stadium in St. Petersburg/Pinellas County)
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
Board Member (2016-present)
- CEO Council of Tampa Bay
- Development Review Commission, City of St. Petersburg
- Heroes of the St. Petersburg Police
Board Member (2005-present)
- Suncoasters of St. Petersburg, Inc. (1996-present)
- Salvador Dali Museum
Board of Trustees (2010-2015)
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law, University of South Florida, St. Petersburg (Fall 2014).
- Baynard, Harrell, Ostow & Ulrich, P.A. (1984-1994)