David R. Punzak
David Punzak maintains a diverse transactional practice and regularly represents clients in finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, leasing transactions, and general business matters.
Mr. Punzak has significant experience representing Florida domiciled property and casualty insurance companies, including regulatory issues, mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity placements.
Mr. Punzak received the American Bar Association, Section of Business Law 2006 National Public Service Award; is the recipient of the 2011 “Heroes Among Us” Service Award from the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation; and received the University of Florida/Pinellas County Gator Club “2014 Gator Great” Award.
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law, University of South Florida St. Petersburg, Fall 2014.
- Represented borrowers and lenders in various New Markets Tax Credit financing transactions.
- Represented family limited partnership in connection with its consolidation of parcels of real property, and subsequent development into two (2) 30-story residential and commercial condominium complexes.
- Represented the world’s largest reinsurance company, based in Hamilton, Bermuda, in connection with debt and equity placement transactions, and various regulatory matters.
- Represented nationwide institutional lender in a $90 million asset based loan.
- Mr. Punzak has a long history of providing pro bono legal services to various clients. In particular, Mr. Punzak has represented the Florida Community Loan Fund for over fifteen years on a largely pro bono basis, providing general corporate and transactional lending services to this client.
- Mr. Punzak has spoken at numerous seminars in the areas of real estate acquisition and finance, including programs on Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, due diligence in real estate transactions, and the Florida documentary stamp tax and intangibles tax.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient of the American Bar Association Section of Business Law 2006 National Public Service Award
- Recipient of the 2011 "Heroes Among Us" Service Award by the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation
- Recipient, 2014 University of Florida/Pinellas County Gator Club “2014 Gator Great” Award.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2009-2016)
- American Bar Association
Business Law Section
Negotiated Mergers and Acquisitions Committee
- The Florida Bar
Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
Real Property Committee
- St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce Board Member (2012 – present)
Chair (2012 – 2014)
- Baseball Forever Campaign
Leader (2016 – present)
(Group formed to find locations for a new baseball stadium in St. Petersburg/Pinellas County)
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
Board Member (2016-present)
- CEO Council of Tampa Bay
- Development Review Commission, City of St. Petersburg
- Heroes of the St. Petersburg Police
Board Member (2005-present)
- Suncoasters of St. Petersburg, Inc. (1996-present)
- Salvador Dali Museum
Board of Trustees (2010-2015)
- Community Foundation of Tampa Bay, Inc.
Board Member (2005-2011)
- Pinellas Association for Retarded Children
Board Member (1994-2000); (2006-2010)
- Florida International Museum
Board Member (2002-2008)
- Suncoast Center for Community Health
Board Member (1992-2002)
- Leadership St. Petersburg
Class of 1987
Board Member (1988-1994)
- Baynard, Harrell, Ostow & Ulrich, P.A. (1984-1994)