IN THE SPOTLIGHT
- Private Mortgage Insurance: The Other Lender-Placed Coverage
- NAIC Life and Annuities (A) Committee’s Round-Up
- Fed Floats Fees for Financial Firms
- Financial Regulation Modernization Update
- Diverse Policyowner Preferences Sink COI Class Certification
- Discovery Rule Prevents Dismissal in Spite of Contract Language
- One STOLI Action’s Jurisdictional Twist
- Class Action Update
- Appropriate Equitable Relief Cannot Trump Plan Terms
- Court Rejects Certification In Block Closure Case.
PROPERTY & CASUALTY
- Multiple Chinese Drywall Claims Against Importer Constitute a Single “Occurrence”
- Market Fluctuations Rule and Liquidations of Separate Accounts
- While Florida Limits the Economic Loss Rule, Potential Liability Keeps Growing
- Defendant’s Time to Remove Bad Faith Lawsuit Expired Before It Was Sued
NARROWING THE FOCUS
- Staking Claims: Unclaimed Property Update
- Pushing Boundaries: Not Just for Kids
- Mandatory Class Action Waivers Upheld
- Supreme Court Rejects SEC “Discovery Rule” Argument
- SEC Rides Herd on Adviser Custody Arrangements
- Can Securities Regulators Make Harmony?
- SEC’s Summary VA Prospectus: How Patient Should We Be?
- Blue-Sky Regulators Attack Pre-Dispute Arbitration Agreements
CONSUMER FINANCE & BANKING
- The CFPB’s New Rule on Disclosure of Records and Information
- CFPB Publishes Revealing Data on Consumer Complaints
- Arbitration Roundup
- CFPB Continues to Target “Add-On” Financial Products
- U.S. Supreme Court Applies “First Sale” Doctrine to Foreign-Made Copies of Copyrighted Works
NEWS & NOTES
©2017 Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, P.A. Carlton Fields practices law in California through Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, LLP. Carlton Fields publications should not be construed as legal advice on any specific facts or circumstances. The contents are intended for general information and educational purposes only, and should not be relied on as if it were advice about a particular fact situation. The distribution of this publication is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship with Carlton Fields. This publication may not be quoted or referred to in any other publication or proceeding without the prior written consent of the firm, to be given or withheld at our discretion. To request reprint permission for any of our publications, please use our Contact Us form via the link below. The views set forth herein are the personal views of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the firm. This site may contain hypertext links to information created and maintained by other entities. Carlton Fields does not control or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this outside information, nor is the inclusion of a link to be intended as an endorsement of those outside sites.