IN THE SPOTLIGHT
- NY Department of Financial Services Reports on Captive Reinsurance
- Insurer Beware: California UC L Claims May Be Based on UIPA Violations
- Favorable Revenue Sharing Decision by Seventh Circuit
- RAA Putative Class Dismissal Affirmed
- Unclaimed Property Update: Death Master File as Holy Grail?
- Illustration Subclass Decertified in EIUL Litigation
- Proposed Regulations for I.R.C. § 162(m)(6) Compensation Deduction Limit Fail to Provide Needed Clarification
- New Assignments Being Handed Out at the NAIC
- Financial Modernization Update
PROPERTY & CASUALTY
- Big Questions Remain in Automated Review of Medical Bills
- New York Court’s Blockbuster Ruling on the Duty to Defend
- The Fed’s New Capital Rules Won’t Yet Apply to Insurers
NARROWING THE FOCUS
- Financial Firms Brace for New Swap Trading Requirements
- SEC Stirs Money Market Reform Pot
- Employers Warned: Hands Off Whistleblowers
- SEC: Enforcement Actions Against Independent Fund Directors
- FINRA Favors an Easier Choice
- Deadline for SEC Enforcement Actions Lacks Teeth
- Dearth of Data on Uniform Broker-Dealer/Investment Adviser Standard
CONSUMER FINANCE & BANKING
- CFPB Issues Guidance for
Mitigating Enforcement Sanctions
- CFPB Releases Bulletin on UDAAP Prohibitions in Collection of Consumer Debts
- Indirect Auto Lending Industry Targeted by CFPB
- Courts Must “Rigorously Enforce” Arbitration Agreements
- Arbitration Roundup
- Cybersecurity: Are Insurers Potentially at Risk Against Hackers and Government Oversight?
- Business Methods: Patent Eligible or Not?.
NEWS & NOTES
©2017 Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, P.A. Carlton Fields practices law in California through Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, LLP. Carlton Fields publications should not be construed as legal advice on any specific facts or circumstances. The contents are intended for general information and educational purposes only, and should not be relied on as if it were advice about a particular fact situation. The distribution of this publication is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship with Carlton Fields. This publication may not be quoted or referred to in any other publication or proceeding without the prior written consent of the firm, to be given or withheld at our discretion. To request reprint permission for any of our publications, please use our Contact Us form via the link below. The views set forth herein are the personal views of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the firm. This site may contain hypertext links to information created and maintained by other entities. Carlton Fields does not control or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this outside information, nor is the inclusion of a link to be intended as an endorsement of those outside sites.