IN THE SPOTLIGHT
- A Note from the Managing Partner
- Insurers Seek to Tame a Volatile Environment
- Alabama to Help Locate Deceased Insureds.
- Duty of Care to Turn on Consumers’ “Reasonable Expectations”
- STOLI Litigation: Dare to Be Different
- NAIC Continues Inquiry Into Use of Captives
- Global “Modernization” Strolls Ahead
- Information Reporting of Interest Payments to Nonresident Aliens
- NAIC Reveals Annuity Products Game Plan for 2013
PROPERTY & CASUALTY
- New Concerns for P&C Marketing
- Human Body Parts and the Duty to Defend
- Moral Hazard: Drawing the Line of Insurability
- What Duty Does a Primary Insurer Owe to an Excess Carrier?
- FINRA Debuts New Dispute Resolution Forum
- A Swap or Not a Swap?
- FINRA to Firms: File Communications to Existing Customers
- OCIE Advises Firms on Misuse of Non-Public Information
- Perfect Storm for Money Market Funds
- Harkin or Harken for Index Products
- SEC Avoids Confronting Major Periodic Reporting Issues—For Now
- LTC Policy’s Unambiguous Terms Trump Insured’s Subjective Expectation
- Scope of Appropriate Equitable Relief Reaches Supreme Court
CONSUMER FINANCE & BANKING
- CFPB Gets Busy: 2012 Highlights and What’s Ahead
- Arbitration Roundup
- Over Twenty-Five Years Later, ECPA Remains Relevant
- From Bricks and Mortar to AdWords and Beyond
- Is Electronic Contracting Becoming Ubiquitious?
NEWS & NOTES
©2016 Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, P.A. Carlton Fields practices law in California through Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, LLP. Carlton Fields publications should not be construed as legal advice on any specific facts or circumstances. The contents are intended for general information and educational purposes only, and should not be relied on as if it were advice about a particular fact situation. The distribution of this publication is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship with Carlton Fields. This publication may not be quoted or referred to in any other publication or proceeding without the prior written consent of the firm, to be given or withheld at our discretion. To request reprint permission for any of our publications, please use our Contact Us form via the link below. The views set forth herein are the personal views of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the firm. This site may contain hypertext links to information created and maintained by other entities. Carlton Fields does not control or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this outside information, nor is the inclusion of a link to be intended as an endorsement of those outside sites.