- Schilke v. Wachovia Mortgage FSB, 2011 WL 4501381 (N.D. Ill. Sept. 28, 2011), dismissal of action alleging state and common law violations with regard to lender-placed insurance on mortgaged property, affirmed sub nom Cohen v. American Security Insurance Co., 2013 WL 5890642 (7th Cir. Nov. 4, 2013).
- Selman v. Citimortgage, Inc., 2013 WL 838193 (S.D. Ala. Mar. 5, 2013), dismissal of insurer client from case alleging improper conduct regarding lender-placed insurance.
- Everhart v. Citizens Property Insurance Corp. (Circuit Court, Leon County, Fla. 2011), dismissal of class action; on appeal to Florida's 1st District Court of Appeal.
- Prime Insurance Syndicate, Inc. v. Soil Tech Distributors, Inc., 2008 WL 816663 (11th Cir. Mar. 27, 2008), affirming final judgment awarding attorneys’ fees to client.
- Jimenez v. Citizens Property Insurance Corp. (Circuit Court, Miami-Dade County, Fla. 2008), dismissal of putative class action alleging that the insurer was automatically required to pay for building code upgrades to windows and other external glass structures.
- Schlegel v. Citizens Property Insurance Corp. (Circuit Court, Miami-Dade County, Fla. 2008), dismissal of putative class action alleging that the insurer was automatically required to include permit and license fees in ACV payments.
- Buell v. Direct General Insurance Agency, Inc., 488 F. Supp. 2d 1215 (M.D. Fla. 2007); putative Florida class action alleging violation of unfair insurance trade practices and licensing statutes. Dismissed with prejudice; affirmed 2008 WL 598281 (11th Cir. Mar. 6, 2008).
- In re Friedman's, Inc., 363 B.R. 629 (Bankr. S.D. Ga. 2007); class action certified by West Virginia state court. Class decertified after removal to federal court and transfer to bankruptcy court.
- Carson Management Ltd. v. Security Life of Denver Insurance Co., 2003 WL 23018539 (M.D. Fla. Dec. 11, 2003); removed case under SLUSA and defeated attempted remand.
- London v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 340 F. 3d 1246 (11th Cir. 2003); represented insurance companies in class action alleging violations of the Florida Insurance Code. Class certification reversed.
- Voyager Ins. Co. v. Whitson, No. 1000678, 2003 WL 21040594 (Ala. 2003); Alabama class action alleging violations of Alabama consumer statutes and common law. Class certification reversed.
- Voyager Life Insurance Co. v. Hughes, 841 So.2d 1216 (Ala. 2002); reversed trial court's decision that defendant had waived arbitration with regard to all putative class members.
- Burstein v. First Penn-Pacific Life Ins. Co., 209 F.R.D. 674 (S.D. Fla. 2002); represented insurance company in putative national class action alleging federal RICO and state common law claims with regard to high-value life insurance policies. RICO claims dismissed with prejudice; class certification denied; and state law claims dismissed as moot.
- Gras v. Associates First Capital Corp., 786 A.2d 886 (N.J. App. Div. 2001), petition for cert denied (N.J. 2002); putative New Jersey class action alleging fraud in connection with loan and insurance transactions. Matter compelled to arbitration.
- Hammett v. American Bankers Ins. Co., 203 F.R.D. 690 (S.D. Fla. 2001); putative national class action alleging federal RICO and state common law claims regarding credit insurance. Class certification denied.
- American Bankers Ins. Co. v. Crawford, 757 So.2d 1125 (Ala. 1999); putative Alabama class action alleging fraud in connection with issuance of insurance policy. Matter compelled to arbitration.
- Ex parte American Bankers Life Assurance Co., 715 So.2d 186 (Ala. 1997); putative Alabama class action alleging fraud in the sale of credit insurance policies. Mandamus petition granted by the Alabama Supreme Court, reversing class certification by trial court.