- Howisey v. Transamerica Life Ins. Co., 2017 WL 5900356 (W.D. Wash. Nov. 30, 2017). Granting final summary judgment prior to class certification in favor of insurer in putative class action alleging that assisted living facility care should be covered under the nursing home-only provisions of a long-term care insurance policy.
- Lewis v. Knology, Inc., 799 S.E.2d 247 (Ga. Ct. App. 2017); cert denied (Ga. Sept. 13, 2017). Affirming trial court’s denial of plaintiff’s motion for national class certification in shareholder litigation alleging breaches of fiduciary duty in connection with corporate merger.
- Crosby Valve, LLC v. Dep’t of Ins., 131 A.3d 1087 (Pa. Commw. Ct. 2016).
- Weller v. HSBC Finance Corp., 2016 WL 2931608 (D. Colo. May 18, 2016).
- Griffin v. HSBC Mortgage Servs., Inc., 2016 WL 1090578 (N.D. Miss. March 18, 2016).
- Lyons v. Litton Loan Servicing, LP, 158 F. Supp. 3d 211 (S.D.N.Y. 2016).
- Clarizia v. Ocwen Financial Corp., 2016 WL 439018 (S.D.N.Y. Feb. 2, 2016).
- In re Knology, Inc. Shareholder Litigation, 2015 WL966753, No. 12-cv-0564 (Ga. Sup. Ct. Dec. 3, 2015). Order denying plaintiff's motion for national class certification in case filed by former shareholders involving alleged breaches of fiduciary duty in connection with corporate merger.
- Saccoccio v. JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A., 2013 WL 5585230 (S.D.Fla., Oct. 9, 2013).
- Allianz Life Ins. Co. of North America v. Cain, 2013 WL 3880217 (W.D.N.C. July 26, 2013).
- Hunter v. Transamerica Life Ins. Co., 2011 WL 4621111 (S.D. Tex. Sept. 27, 2011); 498 F. App’x 430 (5th Cir. 2012). Affirming dismissal of national class action collaterally attacking prior class action settlement.
- Transamerica Life Ins. Co. v. Moore, 274 F.R.D. 602 (E.D. Ky. 2011).
- Hunter v. Runyan, 2011 Ark. 43 (Feb. 9, 2011); Crager v. Runyan, --- S.Ct. ---, 2011 WL 4533079 (U.S. Oct. 3, 2011). Affirming orders denying intervention by objecting class members to national class action settlement of contract and tort claims and dismissing appeal of objector who failed to successfully intervene.
- Wright v. Life Investors Ins. Co. of Am., 2010 WL 481003 (N.D. Miss. Feb. 4, 2010).
- In re Life Investors Ins. Co. of Am., 589 F.3d 319 (6th Cir. 2009). Reversing district court’s order enjoining defendants from pursuing approval of national class action settlement in parallel state court litigation.
- Pipes v. Life Investors Ins. Co. of Am., 254 F.R.D. 544 (E.D. Ark. 2008); 711 F. Supp. 2d 964 (E.D. Ark. 2009). Class certification denied in case alleging breach of contract and bad faith; denying motion to intervene and to enjoin state court class action settlement filed by absent class member from parallel national class action.
- Smith v. Life Investors Ins. Co. of Am., 2009 WL 3756913 (W.D. Pa. Nov. 6, 2009). Class certification denied in case alleging breach of contract, bad faith, and declaratory relief in relation to claims practices.
- Adams v. Southern Farm Bureau Life Ins. Co., 493 F.3d 1276 (11th Cir. 2007). Affirmed district court finding that claims alleging, inter alia, fraud and breach of contract were barred by earlier class action settlement and release.