We are dedicated to addressing the full spectrum of technology companies’ legal needs. Our technology lawyers’ deep experience includes complex corporate finance transactions (both equity and debt); corporate acquisitions and divestitures; all types of litigation brought and faced by technology companies; protecting intellectual property; and licensing, distribution, outsourcing, and similar transactions that directly and indirectly exploit our clients’ technology.
Technological advances are constant, rapid, and unrelenting. Companies in the technology industry face a wide variety of challenges, many of which are unique. To address these challenges effectively and efficiently, Carlton Fields employs an integrated team approach to help our clients develop, protect, and capitalize on their technology assets and to help them rapidly grow their businesses. In every stage of our technology clients’ lifecycles, we render counsel with the goal of helping our clients succeed.
- Structured sophisticated equity and debt financing transactions involving venture capital funds, private equity groups, and banks
- Bought and sold companies and divisions through mergers, stock purchases and asset purchases
- Structured complex joint venture transactions
- Enforced intellectual property rights through litigation, and defended against claims of intellectual property infringement
- Drafted and negotiated technology and content licensing agreements; customer, reseller, VAR, and OEM agreements; outsourcing and manufacturing agreements; technology transfer agreements; development and distribution agreements; source code escrow agreements; evaluation and beta test agreements; maintenance and support agreements; and equipment leases
- Advised with respect to cyber security, disaster preparedness, and data breaches
- Protected intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets
- Protected human capital through invention disclosure programs, non-compete, non-solicit, and non-disclosure agreements; compensation and benefit plans; and comprehensive employee manuals, policies and procedures