- Defended internationally known recording artist/TV personality in suit involving claims of defamation and invasion of privacy by reality show hosted and co-produced by defendant.
- Defended world famous author in suit for copyright infringement arising from claim made by author of prior published novel.
Represented directors and officers liability insurer in suit for coverage by closely held entity seeking $10 million in defense costs as well as penalties for bad faith for suit by minority shareholders for fraud in the sale of securities. Summary judgment granted to insurer by U.S. District Court; now on appeal to 11th Circuit.
- Represented national title insurance underwriter in administrative enforcement action by state department of insurance seeking potential license revocation, recoupment of alleged underpaid premium taxes and imposition of multi-million dollar fines and penalties regarding alleged unfair consumer trade practices in policy pricing.
- Represented majority owners of restaurant chain in corporate control dispute, resulting in court enforced valuation and buyout of minority shareholder.
- Defended suits in South Carolina and Georgia Federal Courts by banks for recovery under fidelity bonds for loan losses resulting from residential land development scheme in North Carolina involving loan losses in excess of $100 million, where banks sought to make closing attorney a covered employee under terms of the bonds.
- Defended surplus lines insurance carrier in suit by bankruptcy trustee for coverage under investment management policy alleged to cover investment advisor accused of Ponzi scheme resulting in significant unpaid investor losses.
- Represented individual taxpayer and closely held corporations in defense of suit for expenses by participants in disallowed tax shelter arising from sale of international business and involving major law and accounting firms as co-defendants.
- Langdale v. National Union Insurance Company, Fed.Appx., 2015 WL 3823709 (C.A.11 (Ga.) 6/22/2015) Represented directors and officers liability insurer in suit for coverage by closely held entity seeking $10 million in defense costs as well as penalties for bad faith for suit by minority shareholders for fraud in the sale of securities. Summary judgment granted to insurer by U.S. District Court; affirmed by 11th Circuit.
- In Re International Management Associates, LLC, 2012 WL 2105908 (U.S.B.C. (Ga) 4/3/2012) Adversary proceeding involving coverage under a financial advisor policy for investments in the millions lost by current and former professional athletes in a Ponzi scheme. Summary judgment for insurer affirmed by district court following extensive discovery.
- Wellons, Inc. v. Lexington Insurance Company, No. 13-11512 (C.A. 11 Ga.); 931 F.Supp.2d 1228 (2013) Coverage analysis and defense under primary and excess policies of high dollar claim for coverage of judgment against insured arising out of litigation by purchaser of industrial equipment for allegedly improper construction and installation of equipment and alleging failure to provide adequate notice of reservation of rights in defense of underlying litigation.
- Williams Service Group, LLC v. National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, 495 Fed.Appx. 1 (2012) Breach of contract action involving a series of complex insurance contracts from 1990-1997 under which the defendants provided workers’ compensation and general liability coverage to the plaintiff.
- Holder Construction Co., et al. v. Estate of Mack Pitts, 292 Ga. 219 (2012) Family and estate of subcontractor’s employee who was struck and killed by sub-subcontractor’s truck while he was constructing an airport terminal, brought action against city, contractor, and subcontractor alleging that they owed contractual duties to ensure that sub-subcontractor carried automobile liability insurance sufficient to satisfy claims up to $10 million.
- Lucas v. Buyers’ Guide, 2008 GACA A07A2069 -020608 (Super. Ct. Houston County, Georgia) (2008) Suit for libel and libel per se as a result of newspaper publication of two articles concerning developer’s “clear cutting” of school board property; limited discovery; obtained summary judgment for newspaper; affirmed on appeal by Georgia Court of Appeals.
- Columbus Ledger-Enquirer v. Muscogee County School Board, (Super. Ct. Muscogee County, Georgia) (2008) Suit under Georgia Open Records Act to obtain demand letters submitted by attorneys for students allegedly sexually molested by high school teacher; order of court granted in favor of newspaper.
- Macon Telegraph Pub. Co. v. Tatum, 263 Ga. 678, 436 S.E.2d 655 (1993) Invasion of privacy claim based on publication of name of victim of alleged sexual assault.
- Macon Telegraph Pub. Co. v. Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, 256 Ga. 443, 350 S.E.2d 23 (1986) Newspaper access to University of Georgia Athletic Association records under Open Records Act.
- Baptist Convention of the State of Georgia v. Shorter College, 266 Ga. App. 312, 596 S.E.2d 761 (2004), aff'd, 279 Ga. 466, 614 S.E.2d 37 (2005) Suit over ownership and control of a liberal arts college.
- Morton v. Georgia Department of Agriculture, (Super. Ct. Fulton County, Georgia) (2007) Suit to force the Georgia Department of Agriculture to enforce state law prohibiting the use of carbon monoxide gas chambers to euthanize companion animals by state licensed animal shelters; obtained mandatory injunction requiring Department to enforce statutes, and after continued failure to do so, obtained order holding Department and its Commissioner in contempt).
- BKJB v. Gitner, 284 Ga. App. 862 (2007) Lead counsel in defense of former AmLaw 100 partner in suit arising out of prior litigation against BKJB partnership, motion to dismiss granted by trial court and affirmed by Georgia Court of Appeals.
- Allen Insurance, Inc. v. Canadyne Georgia Corporation, (Super. Ct. Peach County, Georgia) (2007) Lead counsel in defense of commercial property damage claim alleging contamination from Superfund Site; settled on eve of trial.
- Canadyne-Georgia Corp. v. Cleveland, 72 F. Supp. 2d 1373 (M.D. Ga. 1999).
- Canadyne-Georgia Corp. v. NationsBank, N.A. (South), 982 F. Supp. 886 (M.D. Ga. 1997).
- Canadyne-Georgia Corp. v. NationsBank, N.A. (South), 183 F.3d 1269 (11th Cir. 1999) (series of CERCLA Cost Recovery Cases).
- Hart v. Marion A. Allen, Inc. of Georgia, 211 Ga. App. 431, 440 S.E.2d 26 (1993) (enforceability of restrictive covenant in employment contract).
- Neely v. McCants, 258 Ga. 298, 368 S.E.2d 516 (1988) (application of Open Meetings Act to county commission meeting regarding hazardous waste incinerator).