We represent publicly held companies in acquisitions of private companies; private companies in acquisitions of other businesses, or sales to publicly held companies, or private equity firms; and publicly held companies that have been acquired.
Our experience includes the acquisition and sale of businesses based in the United States and abroad across industries including banks; electric utilities; sports franchises; hospitals and other health care-related entities; broadcasting stations, advertising agencies, and companies involved in activities as diverse as manufacturing, technology, construction, staffing, and seafood processing.
Our representation includes all aspects of mergers and acquisitions transactions, exchange offers, tender offers, takeovers, and sales of stocks and assets. We help clients to raise capital, including equity, debt financing, hybrid securities, private equity, venture capital, and tax-exempt debt financing.
- Public and private acquisitions
- Asset and stock purchase as well as merger transactions (direct, forward, and reverse triangular)
- Joint ventures
- Hostile takeovers and defenses such as poison pills
- Prepare companies to be acquired
- Hart-Scott-Rodino reporting